On Wednesday we did not do a whole lot. It had stormed real hard at about 4:00 am. The thunder and lightening was very bad and we had about 50 to 60 mile per hour winds in the area. We are some what sheltered from the wind due to all the trees around us but I still worried about some tree falling on us. I got up and pulled the awning in, even though it has a wind sensor I decided to pull it in anyway. We rode the storm out with out any incidents but one camper did have a tree crash down on top of it. Luckily they were not camping in it this week. I am sure it ruined their day when the park called them to break the news.
After breakfast it quit raining long enough for us to do our walk and to get the laundry started. We can not wait to get this washer fixed. Hopefully by now the part is waiting on us at our mail forwarding in Madison. Once we get to the state park we will schedule a service call. We got the laundry done and Max spent the day reading and me napping under the awning. Not too much excitement for today. I think Friday we will take the bicycles to the Hennepin Canal and follow the bike path for a while. We decided to ride the bikes rather than use the kayak. It will be easier to ride the trail than to portage the kayak around all the roads. I am not sure where the locks are located but if we ride far enough we will find one sooner or later. Stay tuned!