Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Visiting Family- Lake Pleasant Arizona

Saturday morning we headed to Phoenix and went shopping for some things Max needed to stock up on. She stocks up 3 or 4 months worth of health supplements and other various items she can easily find here in Phoenix.

Later this week I will stock up on “My” health supplements when I visit the Totally Wine store. That place has any kind of wine you can imagine. I am not sure I can get a 3 or 4 month supply, but I will be prepared for Quartzsite.

We visited Max’s mother and her sister and brother in law, Betty and Randy. We decided to go out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. We had about a 90 minute wait. Unfortunately I was standing next to the barrel of peanuts for that whole 90 minutes. I had my share and then some!

We had a nice dinner and then took mom home and visited there for awhile. We still had about a 45 minute motorcycle ride back to Lake Pleasant and the temperature was falling pretty fast. Betty and Randy told us to watch out for the wild burro’s that roam this area. Sure enough, as we entered the park we saw 4 or 5 of them along the road. Since it was dark and the camera was in the saddlebag there wasn’t any way to get a picture. We may have to go in a Burro hunt some evening.

Sunday we spent the day at Betty and Randy’s and visited. We grilled some steaks on the grill and enjoyed a great dinner. They have been to California several times so we picked their brains on where to go and what to see. We since they had to work the next day we called it a night and headed back home. Sure enough we saw another Burro along the road.

Monday we relaxed at the campground and enjoyed the weather. On Tuesday we will be going to moms so I can change the brakes and replace the rotors on her car.

Enjoy Your Day!

 

1 comment:

Catherine, Jo Beth and Grace said...

Love Total Wine! They have one in Tampa. Enjoy that great weather.