Thursday, March 29, 2012

Off The Grid

 

Here at the Thousand Trails Resort in Jamul California, we are surrounded by mountains and hills. We have no cell service and our internet is worse than dial up ever was, and that is with using our amplifier.

I tried several times to update the blog using the campgrounds free 30 minutes of WIFI, but when I connect to their network my computer will shut down and restart automatically after about 2 to 3 minutes of being connected. I am not sure what is going on. I can stay connected on my network just fine.

So I thought I would try to recover my pc back to the factory settings but now my CD Drive will not recognize any discs. I reinstalled the drivers etc.. but still no luck. Not sure what to do next.

I tried posting using the slow connection but Bloggers server times out before it can get completed. Too many pictures I guess.

So anyway, we are having fun here just outside of San Diego. We have gone to the Mission Basilica, Point Loma and the Cabrillo Monument and of course the San Diego Zoo. We also went on a nice day long motorcycle ride up to Julian for some lunch and apple pie.

Next week we will move north to Aguanga California to the Escapee’s park Jojoba Hills. Hopefully our Verizon connection will be better and I can post pictures.

Enjoy Your Day!

1 comment:

Mike & Christine Shields said...

We didn't have any problems with AT&T cell service but little luck with our Verizon MiFi. We finally broke down and "bought" a week of Internet service while in Pio Pico. I feel your pain!