Sunday, April 18, 2010

Maintenance Day

Every year our local Goldwing Road Riders chapter has a maintenance day for everyone to work on their bikes.  It is held at a members house and everyone brings food. The guys do their yearly checks, change the oil, swap lies, and pick on their wives. The women will watch us and pick on their husbands. It is all very good natured and a lot of fun. The advantage of doing your maintenance on this day is that there is a wide variety of experience that is shared to make sure things are done right. With only two wheels on the ground we need to make sure that the bike is in good condition.
Of course I forgot my camera so I did not get any pictures. I need to remember to bring the camera with me everywhere I go so I will have blog material.
When we got back to the campground in the late afternoon, the wind was blowing very hard. We came back to see that our glider swing had blown over. It was getting cold so we stayed in the camper for the rest of the evening. The camper was shaking pretty good from the wind gusts. I had to quit reading for a while because I was getting motion sickness. I went out and adjusted the stabilizers and it seemed to help some. The wind here has been strong since we came here and we have yet to put up our outside awning.
The plan for Sunday is to relax in the morning and then wash the truck and get ready to see our fifth wheel in the assembly process on Monday.             Note to self! (do not forget the camera!)

No comments: