Friday, May 7, 2010

Boats, Donuts and Snakes

Wednesday we picked up our inflatable kayak that was delivered to Mikes house. It is a Sea Eagle Explorer 380x. It is suppose to handle class IV rapids. I do not ever see us in class IV rapids but, never say never.

Its a durable kayak and should handle our needs very well. It will all roll up into a bag and only weighs about 45 lbs. We like the water and this will just help us enjoy the area’s we venture into more.

380XK_P

We liked this one because of the high back seats and it has a self bailing feature if and when we get water in it. We have not inflated it yet but when we do I will get pictures of our test run.

Thursday was about the prettiest day we have had this spring. I got up about 6:30 and had my coffee fix while Max had her bed to her self time. Yeah I am a bed hog.

It was dad’s and donuts day at Blake’s school and David Jr.  had asked me if I could go in his place. David just started a new software programming internship with General Dynamics. It is his third week and did not want to ask for the morning off. This is his dream job and wants this internship to turn into a fulltime position.

So since donuts and my grandson was involved, how could I refuse. I picked Blake up and took him to school and he showed me all around. We went into the cafeteria and had chocolate milk and the biggest glaze and chocolate donuts I have ever seen. We then went to the book fair that was going on and he asked me if I could buy him a book about wolves. How could I refuse! Somehow after we got there, that book turned into a couple of books and a 2 foot Star Wars pencil.

We then went to his classroom and he read me a book about fish and spiders. Then it was off to the playground where he showed me what he could do on the monkey bars. Then it was time for school to start and I had to leave. I could tell he wanted to give me a hug goodbye but not in front of his friends. So I rubbed his head and told him that I would see him later. On my drive back to the campground I was reminded that not being around the grandkids was going to be the hardest thing about full timing and traveling.

When I got back to the campground Max was up and we went for our 2 mile walk. Along the way I spotted this little toad sunning himself in the middle of the road.

007

I nudged him to the side so he would not be a stain in the middle of the road.

We spent the afternoon reading and watching some people fish. Then one of the guys got all excited and called us over. It seams a couple of black snakes decided that they wanted his bluegill he had on a stringer. he pulled the stringer up on the bank and the snake still went after it.

010

008

009

After this he did not want to sit on the rocks any more to fish.

We finished out the day by riding the bike to IHOP to get a salad for dinner. We returned home and relaxed for the rest of the evening.

No comments: